Boosting a cell type specific promoter.

Dave Bates dobates at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:30:56 EST 1995

We have a cell type specific promoter which has very weak activity. I'd
like to boost it up somehow, without losing the specificity, but I'm
not sure of the best way of doing it. Should I randomly try some common
enhancers and see if they work, or are there better, more directed
methods? Any ideas?

-
Dave Bates PhD                                     Tel: 916 752-7081
Postdoctoral Researcher                            Fax: 916 758-2554
Dept of Human Physiology                         email:
dobates at ucdavis.edu
University of California at Davis                drink: anything
Davis, California 95616, USA            No I don't have a sense of
humour
                                                now buy me a beer