genomic libary construction

Rodney Pettway Pettway at ppserver.tamu.edu
Sat Jun 24 17:09:14 EST 1995

I am having baffling problems with clones that I got from a genomic
library.  I constructed a genomic library in a pUC18 vector.  I plated my
library out on LB amp/X-gal/IPTG plates and the next day I got 200 or so
white colonies and that was good enough for my purposes.  That same day I
picked 40 of these white colonies and one blue colony onto LB
amp/X-gal/IPTG plate.  The next day at my surprise only the blue colony
grew.  I have no idea what happened or what to do next.  Please, please ,
please someone help me!!!!  Thank you very much.
Rodney Earl pettway

Rodney Earl Pettway
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX   77843
Pettway at ppserver.tamu.edu