Gel printer/photodoc system

Christopher B. Yohn cyohn at
Tue Jun 27 16:53:57 EST 1995

In article <3snk9f$364 at>, ez008413 at
(Gabriel Romero) wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good system that captures gel and autorad images,
> and stores them as computer files amenable for further image analysis?
> Where should I search for this kind of equipment?
> Thanks for any help.
Check out the freeware NIH-Image.  It is available by anonymous ftp at:

This Mac software is excellent, better than many commercial packages.  The
documentation for the software has info on setting up a system.  And the
price is definitely right.  Even if you don't have a Macintosh, you could
buy a great Mac and the other hardware needed for the price of similar
software packages for other platforms.

Christopher B. Yohn  [cyohn at]
The Scripps Research Institute
Dept. of Cell Biology - MB8