DNA purification from agarose gels

Ted M. tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Jun 28 01:23:35 EST 1995

In article <3sp9rk$1tp at lyra.csx.cam.ac.uk>, rw200 at cus.cam.ac.uk (R.
Woodward) wrote:

> Dear all
>         I would like to canvas opinion on the best kit or perhaps method
to use
>         when purifying DNA fragments from agarose gels,

Quick, simple, cheap,   -> Millipore spin filters!  Cut out band, place in
filter, freeze at -70°C, thaw at 37°C, spin 10min at full speed, maybe a
wash with warm TE -> collect DNA solution; clean DNA ready to use, decent
yields,
20 min tops!

no odd chemicals, harsh conditions, No salt, glass, membranes, agarase,
low melt slime, no resin, vacuum manifolds, no electricity.etc

JUST A MICROFUGE ... A JOY TO USE!!

Dr. Baek Kim introduced me to them...
                                                Ted Michelini
                                                Institute of Molecular Biology