Cross-linking RNA to Hybond-N membranes

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Tue Jun 27 23:39:21 EST 1995

Karim Sayani (ksayani at ualberta.ca) wrote:
: hello everyone,

: I'm looking for info. on UV X-linking of RNA onto nylon membranes after
: the RNA has been transferred from a gel (ie Northern blotting).  I need
: to know how long and what energy level is required for effectively
: binding the RNA to the membrane.  As well,  how does this compare with
: the conventional baking at 80C.

: Any ideas or experience?
I would much rather do an 80C bake. It works much better the X-linking.
That's my personal opinion, though.
Cheers
--
				_/\_