Synchronizing Mammalian Cells? Anyone tried this?!

Joel Tieder jtieder at athena.cs.uga.edu
Fri Jun 30 18:38:34 EST 1995

In article <3sm8b1$mlm at sifon.cc.mcgill.ca>, Graham Dellaire
<popa0206 at PO-Box.McGill.CA> wrote:

> Is it possible to synchronize mammalian cells efficiently..  say by
serum starvation...
> Are there any protocols out there for this...
>
> I am looking to synchronize some murine fibroblasts.
>
> G.

Arnold Levine at Princeton published a paper a few years ago that
describes a temperature-sensitive p53 cDNA which blocks BalbC 3T3's in
G2.  you might want to look up the paper and see if the cell line or the
cDNA would be useful to you.  He is a nice guy who is willing to share
reagents with other people.