mol genet forensic "bible"?

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Mar 1 04:41:11 EST 1995

Any suggestions for lab manuals, workshop manuals (Cold Spring Harbor
series, etc) that we can use in curriculum that we're setting up for a
molecular genetics technology course this summer?

Mol genet applications & techniques will be main focus.

We'd particularly (but NOT exclusively) like some input from
workers/researchers in forensic field.

Will be 10 weeks in course (2-3 hours lectures daily and 3-4 hours labs).

Intended for technicians/technologists & scientists with competent "lab
smarts".

We intend this course to continue/evolve into full semester/year program
(witness its birth as I write this  :^).

I'm getting publishers to send samples to our administrator.

We'll be contacting all major scientific (biology) publishers.

... anybody in FBI labs care to throw in 2 cents worth?

Many thanks

Andre

  Andre Hamel                      email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
  Manitoba Government                         tel: 204/945-7630
  Department of Agriculture                   FAX: 204/945-8062
  Veterinary Services Branch
  Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA