GFP

Dave Bates dobates at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 1 18:23:47 EST 1995

> >Greetings,
> >     Is anyone out there using green flourescent protein, GFP, plasmids?
> >I've heard a little about them and am curious about their use.
> >                        Thanks....John
> >

> Dr. Martie Chalfie (sorry for spelling) reported Feb. issu of Science.
> However, he does not distribute the plasmid any more.
> You can contact Clonetech. They sell several modified clones.
>
> -----
> Anyway, Does anybody know if Dr. Charlfie's clone TU#65 have Kozak' sequence?

No it doesn't.

Has anyone got Clontech's pGFP-N1 or any of their other GFP expression
vector to work? Anyone tried it in non-transformed cell lines? I'm
getting nothing whatsoever. Help.

-
Dave Bates PhD                                     Tel: 916 752-7081
Postdoctoral Researcher                            Fax: 916 758-2554
Dept of Human Physiology                         email:
dobates at ucdavis.edu
University of California at Davis                drink: anything
Davis, California 95616, USA            No I don't have a sense of
humour
                                                now buy me a beer