Riboflavin in Acrylamide

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 1 16:57:45 EST 1995

>Some months ago, someone posted a little note regarding putting
>riboflavin in your acrylamide to assist in polymerization (It was acting
>as an O2 scavenger, I believe).  Could you repost the appropriate
>concentration for me?  Thanks in advance.

I use 50ul of a 0.5% solution /50 ml Acrylamide.  This allows the
polymerisation right up to the combs and spacers giving better wells and
more even gels (even sequencing gels with sharks tooth combs).  I have the
reference somewhere (from the 70's).

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus Matthaei
Head, Gene Targeting                            |           |
The John Curtin School of Medical Research      |  _--_|\   |
The Australian National University              | /      \  |
Snail mail: Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia       | \_.--._/<<|
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au               |       v   |
Landline: 61 6 249 3782 fx: 61 6 249 0415
                        "Sometimes I'm the Louisville slugger"
                        "Sometimes I'm the Ball"
                                Dire Straits