Transfecting Primary Cell Lines

Martin D. Leach leach at
Wed Mar 1 11:15:48 EST 1995

In article <dcox.2.000C374A at>, dcox at
(Dermot Cox) wrote:

> We are at present having problems transfecting primary cells derived from
> foetal bovine testes with plasmid DNA.  We are using the DOTAP kit from
> Boehringer-Mannheim with little success.  Has anyone had similar
problems with
> this kit or could make suggestions of alternate methods.
Some cell types are virtually example is primary
rat cerebellar granule cells (in our hands)...

although they have been reported to be transfected (sorry sentence
construction is down...since i am abstaining from caffeine) using DOGS (a
component of transfectam-made by promega) or using a retroviral mediated

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
My homepage:
Biotech company listing:

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet 8888