Church hyb solution questions

Glen Shearer gshearer at whale.st.usm.edu
Wed Mar 1 10:30:42 EST 1995

"Dr. Kent L. Nastiuk" <nastiuk at rockvax.rockefeller.edu> wrote:

> converrl at ucbeh.san.uc.edu wrote:
> >
> >      I had some questions about church hybridiation solution:
> >
> > 1. What is the original reference? (I have tried like anything to locate it & I
> > cannot)
>
> Church, G.M. and Gilbert, G.  (1984)  Genomic Sequencing.  PNAS 81:1991-1995
>
> hope that helps

We've used the following slight modification of the hyb soln' for
years with very good results.

0.5 M sodium phosphate pH 7.0
5% w/v SDS (use the cheap 95% pure stuff from Sigma)

We usually mix this up from 1M NaPO4 stock and 20% SDS stock.
I think the semi-pure SDS works better than the expensive SDS  ;)

Glen
[gshearer at whale.st.usm.edu]