Re-using hybridisation solutions containing double-stranded probes?

Void magi at smug.student.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Mar 2 23:17:11 EST 1995

DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE wrote:
: Has anybody ever tried re-using plaque hybridisation solutions containing
: 32P-labeled double stranded probes? It would mean a significant reduce in
: radioactive waste and expensive stuff like salmon sperm DNA and deionized
: formamide. I am thinking about simply storing the used solution in the freezer
: and then denature the DNA and the probe again by boiling for ten minutes before
: the next use.
: Thanks for any suggestions...

: *****************************************************************
: *  Gerard Drewes                          DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE *
: *  Max-Planck-Society                     Tel.(+49)40-89982820  *
: *  Structural Molecular Biology Unit      Fax (+49)40-891314    *
: *  DESY, Notkestr. 85                                           *
: *  22603 Hamburg, Germany                                       *
: *************************************************************** *

Hey, why don't you give it a go and tell us the results?
I would love to know the results because I'm a measly
Honours student and A$1000/year limit applies to me.
It is not very much for mol. biology
and I would like to save money where I can save.
You know that the filter can be re-probed again and again,
so I hope you will go ahead and tell us the results!

"The Tap Dancing, Sensitive New Age Geneticist"		 @/
					       		<8
magi at smug.student.adelaide.edu.au	     		/!
m-kamei at schooner.waite.adelaide.edu.au		       ~ ~