PCR & spermidine

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Sat Mar 4 02:14:11 EST 1995

: I generally design primers that are 22-24mers with about 50% GC to give a
: Tm of about 72*C and will run at about 65-67*C.  I always check them in
: Amplify against the target DNA and also against nonspecific DNA to look for
: nonspecific priming.  If they work in Amplify they ALWAYS work in real
: practice (Thanks Bill Engels) (even if oligo 4 says they will not work).
: 10 -100ng of target DNA is usually enough even from cruddy tail DNA from
: transgenics.

Please explain Amplify. I assume it's a computer program. How can one
obtain this program? Thanks.

Shiao Wang
University of Southern Mississippi
sywang at whale.st.usm.edu