DNA Strider Question

Rick Conrad rconrad at bio.indiana.edu
Fri Mar 3 16:29:57 EST 1995

hurban at cmgm.stanford.edu (Patrick Hurban) wrote:

> I've been experimenting with DNA Strider 1.2.  All in all it's a great
> program, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to edit the restriction
> enzyme library.  I would like to get rid of many of the enzymes, as well as
> add several that are now commercially availabe but not included in the
> library.  If anyone can give me some help on this I would appreciate it
> greatly, especially if you reply be email to hurban at cmgm.stanford.edu
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Pat
We modified our "re library" by opening with a regular word processor program,
(we used MS Word) then simply deleted those enzymes' lines we didn't
want, and saved to a different name (eg. "re library 2").  When we want to use
the alternative library, we change its name PRIOR TO LAUNCHING STRIDER
to "re library" while changing the default library to "re library x" or somesuch.
This will cause the program to access your modified library.