Is it Taq or the primer responsible for the mistake?

Carlisle Landel landel at helios
Fri Mar 3 15:47:37 EST 1995

In article <01HNP6F12GKI00PF24 at post-office.uh.edu>,
carlos h. pedemonte <CPedemonte at UH.EDU> wrote:

>We have sequenced part of a plasmid and  found a missing base.  Since we
>have used PCR with Taq polymerase to produce this part of the plasmid, we
>want to identify what have caused this deletion.  We think that the problem
>is in the custom-made primer.  But we would like to hear your opinion, to
>be sure that our conclusion is correct.

[snip]

We had this problem once.  We solved it by getting new primer from a
different company.  We also sent a nastygram  to our original supplier
and have never bought from them again.

Carlisle Landel