Rates of DNA oligo annealing

Michael P. Frank mpf at paris.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Mar 3 14:24:14 EST 1995

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to calculate the rate of DNA
oligonucleotide association/dissociation, say as a function of the
annealing temperature, the oligo concentration, and the binding
constant of the given duplex at the given temperature.  I need to know
this so that I can simulate the site-binding behavior of competing
oligonucleotides.  (Since I know the equilibrium constant, I can
already compute the equilibrium proportions of different oligos at the
given site.  The problem is that I have no idea how quickly this
equilbrium is reached.)

Thanks very much,
Michael Frank