MAKING YOUR OWN GEL BOXES

kang at msvax.mssm.edu kang at msvax.mssm.edu
Fri Mar 3 00:43:45 EST 1995

In article <3j2jl3$hd6 at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, dkim at nmsu.edu (Daniel Kim) writes:

>Hello:
>
>I was once surprised to see a gel box made from a small Tupperware box (about
>the size to hold a sandwich . . about 6 inches by 8 inches?).  It featured
>electrodes made of two paper clips and was powered by nine transisior
>radio 9 V batteries.  The array of batteries gave the unit 45 V, which was
>fine for a minigel run.  At the end of the run, the (-) electrode was
>corroded into a pile of rust, but the (+) electrode was intact.
>
>I was impressed by the simplicity of this unit.
>
>Daniel Kim
>dkim at verdi.nmsu.edu

Hi Daniel

1) What is the material of that paper clip? was it platinum? Maybe not, cause
you mentioned that the (-) electrode corroded.

2) Why the voltage was 45 volt instead of 81?

3) How much they paid for 9V batteries? $2? or $3 or $5 if then it going to be
$18 to $45.  How long the batteries last?

If you fellows really want to have cheap gel box send me your FAX number or If
you have TIFF viewer just mention that in e-mail I will send TIFF file (Of
course compressed).

I AM USING MIRACLE GEL BOX WHICH COSTS LESS THAN 1 DOLLAR.

Blessed are the people who believe.