Infection with nematode eggs

Brendan Carson bcarson at csuvax1.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 02:36:37 EST 1995

How do I infect my tobacco plants with M.javanica?  I have tomato
plants that are heavily infected.  I rip up the tomato plants, wash the
roots in NaOCl (5%) seive and wash with water. Then I get a microscope
and look at all the dead nematodes and inert eggs.  Was it something I
said?  Is it something about the hypochlorite:  what is the best
concentration/temperature/duration of exposure?  After this they get
stored in .4MNaCl:  is this right?  Was there a paper that described
this originally?  Is there a simpler way of doing this?
Thanks

bcarson at csuvax1.murdoch.edu.au