Microcentrifuge for Mol. Biol. -Best?

Karl Fischer kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 3 16:25:09 EST 1995

In article
<Pine.A32.3.91.950303154104.77452A-100000-100000 at rs1.tcs.tulane.edu>,
Brick Ayola <abrick at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> wrote:

<Stuff deleted>
> I will be purchasing a microfuge soon also and would like to know what
> the general consensus is. In my experience, the Eppendorf microfuge has
> not been reliable.

etc.,etc.

Just my 2¢ worth (in Canadian funds, of course ;-)

My vote goes for the Sorvall MC12V variable speed model. We've got ours
running with a F-12/M.18 rotor (holds 18 1.5 ml tubes, 12000 rpm max).
Rotor comes with a screw-tight lid for centrifuging of those hazardous
samples and the machine features a pulse-run button. Runs quiet and no
major problems with brushes, locks, speed/time dials or drive in over 3
years of constant use.

Usual disclaimers apply.

Cheers

Karl