TRANSFER OF PLASMIDS INTO BACTERIA

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 3 16:43:55 EST 1995

In article <leach-0303951105040001 at med-pharm16.bu.edu> leach at bu.edu (Martin D. Leach) writes:

>Obtain some sub cloning efficiency DH5alpha cells (e.g. Gibco BRL)
>[ . . . ]
>then transfer to 42C for 45sec then replace on ice for 2mins

	Or, if you read the instructions, try 37oC . . .

	If you're really paranoid, order BRL's (EXPENSIVE) library or
(even more expensive) maximum efficiency competent E coli.  Other
companies e.g. Invitrogen also sell competent bugs (just to show I have
no affiliation with anyone).  -And go with the manufacturer's directions
for each variety.

	Otherwise I agree completely with Martin here.
--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-4328     Fax  (617)-632-2627