GST-Fusion

zac iert237 at tjuvm.tju.edu
Fri Mar 3 12:58:52 EST 1995

	We are working with the GST-Fusion system and are having an extremely
difficult time getting a fusion product that is not degraded.  We have
looked at almost every parameter, including induction time, culture volume,
sonication/lysis conditions, you name it.  We were also told some
constructs just do no work well do to unknown problems linked with the size
of the protein we have cloned in.  We have now made a new construct that is
totally different in size (much larger but encoding the same initial
region) and have found that degredation is so bad that we barely have any
fusion product.  If anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it.  -Note:
we are using the pGex-2T vector

Darren Boehning
Thomas Jefferson University
boehnin1 at jeflin.tju.edu