In vitro transcription ......

Martin D. Leach leach at
Fri Mar 3 11:01:19 EST 1995

In article <3j49va$hro at>, r3211001 at
(r3211001) wrote:

> Dear netter,
>     I want to find out the cis-regulatory elements of an oocyte-specifically
> expressed gene. Because of some technique problems, I cannot transfect the
> reporter constructs into the living cells. My advisor told me to use 'in
> vitro transcription assay' in cell extracts. I've tried several times,
> but it did not work.
How about injecting supercoiled reporter constructs into the
oocytes...e.g. lacZ and assaying them...

alternatively...use a luciferase construct...and see if the oocytes glow
in the dark (scintillation counter with attached single photon monitor
would be a good choice for using a whole vial of oocytes) upon addition of
Lucifierin (K+ salt) - 5mM ? correct me.

-BTW I am not only the luciferase president...i am also a client..-

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
My homepage:
Biotech company listing:

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet 8888