TRANSFECTION OF PLASMIDS INTO E. COLI

Martin D. Leach leach at bu.edu
Fri Mar 3 11:02:50 EST 1995

In article <9503030831.aa07334 at etsuodt.etsu.edu>, betts at ORION.ETSU.EDU
(GORDON BETTS) wrote:

> Forgive me if this is posted a second time.  It seems some of my stuff is
> disappearing into the ether.
> I have two plasmids (of 1 ul each) and need to transfer them into E. coli.
> Since I
> have never done this and they are very valuable, I have been somewhat
> reluctant to jump in before I am positive I know what I am doing.  Does
> anyone have some advice on how to do this supposedly simple procedure?

add 10 ul of water or TE buffer and seal the tube with Parfilm or cling
film or something..

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"
My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech company listing: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888