EtBr staining: A third option

BCRUBIN at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il BCRUBIN at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il
Sun Mar 5 04:46:58 EST 1995

I used a third option, but cannot say it will work 100%.  U can add very dilute
d EtBr (maybe with the loading solution), and reduce the total amount of EtBr a
 1000 fold. By adding 1ul EtBr(1:1000) from the recommended consentration gave
me strong bands.  For comparison, I will add 2ul for a 40ml gel of the 1:1 solu
tion.
  I anly tried this a couple of time so far since I stopped runing gels for a m
onth. Be glad to hear other people's opinion.

Eitan Rubin the 3rd                                                           *
* Plant genetics                                                              *
* The weizmann Inst of Science                                                *
* Rehovot, Israel                                                             *
* Tel: 972-8-342421                                                           *
* Email: bcrubin at dapsas1.weizmann.ac.il                                       *