digital gel documentation

Peter Heifetz phef at acpub.duke.edu
Sun Mar 5 19:49:10 EST 1995

In article <1995Mar6.132200 at matai.vuw.ac.nz>, rdunbar at wnmeds.ac.nz wrote:

> We need to set up a Mac-based gel documentation system.

[...]

> We've also yet to find a suitable greyscale printer - the Mitsubishi
> videoframe printers don't seem particularly Mac-compatible.  Any
> ideas/solutions appreciated.

The Mitsubishi's will work fine with a Mac, but you need a video-out
card.  Scion has one called the TV-3 that does the job for < $500.
However, 600 dpi laserprinters like the HP 4M+ also give nice output with
the right kind of paper (glossy, sold for HP plotters).

--
Peter Heifetz
Duke University