Drosophila actin probe for RNase protection wanted

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Mon Mar 6 20:48:52 EST 1995

Bernard Khoo (WCI) (bcek1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: Dear all

: I wish to use an actin probe to normalise RNA levels in an RNase protection
: assay. I have a mouse probe, but I'm not quite sure if this is homologous
: enough to be suitable.

I would run a Gen-bank search for both and align them. If they are highly
homologous ( which I am pretty sure they are) you can use it. This will save
you money ordering a probe.

: Bernard Khoo   Wellcome/CRC Institute, Cambridge, UK.
:                E-mail: bcek1 at mole.cam.ac.uk, @cus.bio.cam.ac.uk,
:                        or bkhoo at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk

Cheers,
--