DNA prep for transient transfection

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 6 13:02:09 EST 1995

In article <3jfav3$n2e at amcnix.amc.uva.nl> seppen at amc.uva.nl writes:

>we had a similar problem with obtaining stable transfectants. I now routinely
>do one phenol and two chloroform/iaa exctractions after the maxiprep with
>qiagen. The interfase always contains protein, so qiagen is probably not
>enough to get pure vector.

	Hmmm.  This is important.  I have seen large variations in
efficiency of transients, but I can't say that they were or were not
because of the Qiagen preps.  I'll try to set up side-by-side assays and
will report back.
	Has anyone else done this, or have any comments?

	Ian

--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-4328     Fax  (617)-632-2627