Precut nylon hybridization membranes?

Martin D. Leach leach at
Tue Mar 7 11:15:04 EST 1995

In article <3jhhu5$56a at>, jkortes at (Jarkko
Kortesmaa) wrote:

> We have been using nitrocellulose filters for hybridization experiments.
> Nylon membranes, however, would be more durable and last many more rounds of
> hybridization.
> The question is if there is a manufacturer that makes nylon membranes that
> are precut to the sizes of most common culture dishes (9 cm, 11 cm,...) ?
I go to an arts-supply shop and buy nylon/polyester material that is used
in silk-screen printing

The material works just as well in our hybridization ovens and you can buy
a 10ft by 10ft sheet for about 30$...

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
My homepage:
Biotech company listing:

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet 8888