Oligo Question

Rob Britton rb690253 at imgen.bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:43:10 EST 1995

In article <3jibuc$hpv at Twain.MO.NET>, akravetz at MO.NET (Andy Kravetz) wrote:

> hello everyone. I got a very basic question but it is important for my
> work. I work in a MB lab and just ordered some lypholized primers for a
> PCR rxn. I had always thought that you can store them at RT until you
> resuspended them, but a friend said they have to be at -20C all the time.
> A dinner rests on this. Could some one lend a hand.

In my experience you can leave primers at room temp until you resuspend
them.  In fact, our DNA lab leaves the primers out at room temp. until they
are picked up.  Also, companies will ship you oligos at room temperature.
I would imagine that it might be better if they are stored at -20C, but
they certainly be kept at RT until they are resuspended.

Just my 2 cents,

Rob Britton