Ligation of alkaline phosphatase treated DNA

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at
Tue Mar 7 17:09:11 EST 1995

In article <3ir2ka$mep at>, uc05 at (Dietmar Baas) writes:
> I have a theoretical problem with the ligation of DNA, treated with
> alkaline phosphatase (a.p.) and here is my question:
 stuff deleted.........
> Another possibility is the "in vivo repair" of the gap after transformation
> by enzymes of E.coli (but this sounds like a strange theory).
>       Dietmar

Yes, this is the correct answer. The bacterial DNA repair
machinary repairs the ss nick, just as it does during the
normal processes of DNA replication, recombintion and repair.

NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy at  ZZZZZZZ
		Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750