Rf: Precut nylon hybridization membranes?

LOGAND logand at msdos.montpellier.inra.fr
Tue Mar 7 08:06:08 EST 1995

Jarkko Kortesmaa wrote:

>We have been using nitrocellulose filters for hybridization experiments.
>Nylon membranes, however, would be more durable and last many more rounds of
>hybridization.

>The question is if there is a manufacturer that makes nylon membranes that
>are precut to the sizes of most common culture dishes (9 cm, 11 cm,...) ?

Yes, several. Hybond-N from Amersham is available in precut sizes BUT it is
cheaper by the roll (30cm wide - different lengths) which is fine for 12cm
square culture plates as the 'margin' allows easy placement of the membrane
over the surface of the agar.

David C. Logan
INRA-ENSA(M)-CNRS
Montpellier