Hybridization Protection Assay

Udo Reischl Udo.Reischl at klinik.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Mar 7 03:46:24 EST 1995

Greetings to the members of this most active newsgroup,

I have plans to evaluate the "hybridization protection assay" test
format for the high sensitive detection of bacterial pathogens. This
assay format is somehow associated with Gen-Probe Inc., San Diego and
was published in 1989 by L.J. Arnold (Clin. Chem. 8, 1588-1594) .
As a prerequisite for this assay I am looking for oligonucleotide probes
labeled with a special acridinium ester:

 4-(2-succinimidyloxycarbonylethyl)phenyl-
10-methylacridiunium-9-carboxylate fluorosulfonate

Is this label commercially available in form of an aminolink
component (as stated above) or does any company out there
offer the custom DNA synthesis of oligonucleotides with such a
modification ?

Thanks for any hints or suggestions,

Udo.