Two-hybrid query

Simon Dawson mbxspd at unicorn.nott.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 04:06:23 EST 1995

Hi,
   I wonder if anyone can help a budding two-hybrid person. I am
looking to use the GAL4 based two-hybrid system to search for proteins
that might interact with one which I am studying. Trouble is, there
is a possiblity that my protein of interest might interact directly(!)
with the acidic domain of GAL4 *ug!*
  Now, this protein might also interact with VP16 acidic domain
from the LexA two-hybrid as well. Would these interactions (if they
really do occur) be a problem? It seems to me (not being familiar
with this system) that they might. Have I missed something in the
theory of this that would screen out such false positives?
  Thanx for any info in advance,

         Simon.

ps. If any of you out there who use 2-hybrid technology fancy sending
me an email, maybe it would be a good idea to form a sort of 'group'
so we can exchange ideas/problems/solutions. What do you think?

Simon Dawson
Dept. Biochemistry
QMC
Nottingham