Sequencing apparatus

Martin D. Leach leach at bu.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:37:19 EST 1995

In article <bjvv.303.2F5D8BF0 at scinet2.up.ac.za>, bjvv at scinet2.up.ac.za wrote:

> The wire in the bottom buffer tray of our BRL sequencing apparatus recently
> broke.  The wire is a platinum wire, and a replacement will be nearly
> impossible to get within a short period of time (not to mention costs).
> Any ideas on what can be used instead of platinum, eg. would gold be a
> suitable alternative?
> We did try "normal" wire, and although the gel heated up to the correct
> temperature and the volts were correct, the reactions smeared badly.
> Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Owl Scientific have been pretty helpful to us over the past...
they have supplied replacement bits and bobs...

their email is:
owlsci at biotechnet.com (if that still works)

(no affiliation with owlscientific BTW)

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"
My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech company listing: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888