Sequencing apparatus

Martin D. Leach leach at
Wed Mar 8 10:37:19 EST 1995

In article <bjvv.303.2F5D8BF0 at>, bjvv at wrote:

> The wire in the bottom buffer tray of our BRL sequencing apparatus recently
> broke.  The wire is a platinum wire, and a replacement will be nearly
> impossible to get within a short period of time (not to mention costs).
> Any ideas on what can be used instead of platinum, eg. would gold be a
> suitable alternative?
> We did try "normal" wire, and although the gel heated up to the correct
> temperature and the volts were correct, the reactions smeared badly.
> Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Owl Scientific have been pretty helpful to us over the past...
they have supplied replacement bits and bobs...

their email is:
owlsci at (if that still works)

(no affiliation with owlscientific BTW)

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
My homepage:
Biotech company listing:

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet 8888