Transfecting Primary Cell Lines

Jan Eggermont Jan.Eggermont at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Mar 8 07:23:05 EST 1995

In article <dcox.2.000C374A at medmicro.uct.ac.za>, dcox at medmicro.uct.ac.za
(Dermot Cox) wrote:

> We are at present having problems transfecting primary cells derived from
> foetal bovine testes with plasmid DNA.  We are using the DOTAP kit from
> Boehringer-Mannheim with little success.  Has anyone had similar problems with
> this kit or could make suggestions of alternate methods.

A while ago I tested the transfection efficiency of DOTAP versus
lipofectamine (GibcoBRL) on an established endothelial cell line. My
impression was that lipofectamine was vastly superior.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Eggermont                       Jan.Eggermont at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Laboratorium voor Fysiologie - KU Leuven
Campus Gasthuisberg
B-3000 Leuven                            tel 32-16-345938
Belgium                                  fax 32-16-345991