Transfecting Primary Cell Lines

Jan Eggermont Jan.Eggermont at
Wed Mar 8 07:23:05 EST 1995

In article <dcox.2.000C374A at>, dcox at
(Dermot Cox) wrote:

> We are at present having problems transfecting primary cells derived from
> foetal bovine testes with plasmid DNA.  We are using the DOTAP kit from
> Boehringer-Mannheim with little success.  Has anyone had similar problems with
> this kit or could make suggestions of alternate methods.
A while ago I tested the transfection efficiency of DOTAP versus
lipofectamine (GibcoBRL) on an established endothelial cell line. My
impression was that lipofectamine was vastly superior.

Jan Eggermont                       Jan.Eggermont at
Laboratorium voor Fysiologie - KU Leuven
Campus Gasthuisberg
B-3000 Leuven                            tel 32-16-345938
Belgium                                  fax 32-16-345991