mouse vs human

Jeff Kramer jeff at COMPBIO2.MED.WAYNE.EDU
Wed Mar 8 10:48:02 EST 1995

Good morning all.

	I'm looking for a sequence, probably a coding region that codes for a
highly conserved a highly conserved protein, that is very close to identical
between mouse and human.  Basically, I hope to design two primers that will
work in both mouse and in human genomic DNA, so anything similar enough to give
a few stretchs of 20 or so nucleotides that are the same, so that I have a
chance of designing primers that are compatible with one another would be
ideal.  Does such a thing exist, or am I hoping too much?  I have primer sets
for mouse and human actin which are different.  I would think my best chance
for finding primers that would work on with both species would be in a highly
conserved structural gene or some such, but I just don't know.  Thanks in
advance for your input...

							-Jeff