plasmid isolation from yeast

Dirk Truman MICDAT at ccs1.cc.monash.edu.au
Thu Mar 9 16:57:29 EST 1995

In article <Marco.1.2F5ED79A at MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA> Marco at MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA (Marco Gagiano ) writes:
>From: Marco at MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA (Marco Gagiano )
>Subject: plasmid isolation from yeast
>Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:25:30 GMT

>Hi there,

>I'm looking for a reliable protocol for plasmid isolation from yeast.  I've
>had bad luck with the Smash & Grab and two other different methods. I know
>that it might be the yeast strain.

>Thank you.

G'day Marco,
I have had success with a method called Rapid Isolation of Plasmid DNA from
Yeast found in Current Protocols in Molecular Biology 13.11.1 - 13.11.4.

Good luck

Dirk Truman      Department of Microbiology     Telephone  61 3 905 4830
		              Monash University		               Fax                61 3 905 4811
		              Clayton
		              VIC  3168
		              AUSTRALIA