PCR with few target on spinal fluid

Dick Nelson dick.nelson at ext.lu.se
Fri Mar 10 02:57:20 EST 1995

Dick Nelson wrote:

I make PCR on spinal fluid were there are just a few copy of DNA
(borrelia). If I make my PCR on boiled spinal fluid will i allways get
signal from positiv samples. If I on the other hand dont boil my spinal
fluid before the PCR will I in 50% lost my signal. In both cases have I a
HOT START for 10 minutes (so  both DNase and protese will be destroyed).

My question is: Is there something in the spinal fluid who will complex
binding  the Mg so the PCR signal will be lost in the second case? Or is
the something else in biological fluid who can complexbinding the Mg, or
do anyone have a better explanation?

Dick Nelson, M. Sc.                     |      dick.nelson at ext.lu.se
Dept of Clin Chem                       |      phone:   +46-42-102097
office
Hospital of Helsingborg                 |               +46-42-102106 lab
S-251 87 Helsingborg                    |               +46-42-148695 home
Sweden                                  |      fax      +46-42-102109
Dick Nelson, M. Sc.                           dick.nelson at ext.lu.se
Dept of Clin Chem                            phone:   +46-42-102097
Hospital of Helsingborg           				fax        +46-42-102109
S-251 87 Helsingborg
Sweden