MeOH in Western Buffer

Louis Hom lhom at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Mar 10 13:03:30 EST 1995

My labmates are invariably astonished to hear that I don't put methanol in
my Western transfer buffer.  But I never have, and I still get nice transfer.
Why do people put MeOH in their buffer? Does its absence not affect me because
of the membrane I use (nitrocellulose)?
Lou Hom >K'93		"It has been suggested that...gene splicing and cloning
lhom at ocf.berkeley.edu    are so simple that one can successfully carry them out
		         in [any] modern kitchen. In spite of my considerable
 Quote by 		 respect for the potential of food processors and radar
     B.R. Levin  	 ranges, I very much doubt this to be the case."