mouse vs human

Daniel L. Burgess Daniel.L.Burgess at um.cc.umich.edu
Fri Mar 10 05:23:10 EST 1995

In article <9503081344.AA00390 at compbio2.med.wayne.edu>,
jeff at COMPBIO2.MED.WAYNE.EDU (Jeff Kramer) wrote:

> Good morning all.
>
>         I'm looking for a sequence, probably a coding region that codes for a
> highly conserved a highly conserved protein, that is very close to identical
> between mouse and human... I would think my best chance
> for finding primers that would work on with both species would be in a highly
> conserved structural gene or some such, but I just don't know.
>                                                         -Jeff

A friend of mine works on Dystrophin and she says that the 3' end (UTR)
is very highly conserved (at the nucleotide level, of course) for over a
hundred bases between human, mouse, and even chicken.  You might look
at that gene.  Alternatively, I'm sure that if you DL'd and compared
genebank sequences for things like globin, histone, and other ancient
genes (relatively speaking), you would find a good number of possible
primers that would work on both species.

- Dan

--
Positional cloning...it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.