P1 library Screening

Daniel L. Burgess Daniel.L.Burgess at um.cc.umich.edu
Fri Mar 10 05:05:32 EST 1995

In article <3j7ag6$8ka at ousrvr.oulu.fi>, rehn at phoenix.oulu.fi (Marko Rehn) wrote:

> hodges bradley l (segdoh at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu) wrote:
> : Has anyone had any experience with P1 screening services offered by
> : Genomes Systems or any other biotech company? Thanks.
> :
We have used Genome Systems extensively (at least 7 seperate screens)
and are very happy with both the actual results and the attitude of
the people there we have dealt with.  Each pair of primers sent resulted
in an average of more than 2 P1s returned.  They have always been from
the correct locus and, except in one case, all were greater than 65-70 kb.
The one that wasn't turned out to be very unstable in YACs also.  I can't
say that we've tried any other company though (...if it ain't broke...).

Dan

--
Positional cloning...it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.