DNA comparison

Gbolagade Babalola babalola at sas.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 10 06:37:35 EST 1995

Hello netters:

Our lab. generates quite a number of cDNAs and we have got so many now
that I think we need a sort of sequence manageement  program.
Specifically, can anyone out there suggest to me what sequence comparison
program I can use 1.to create an in-house sequence database and 2.
compare the sequence in the database to any new sequence that we clone
subsequently.

We need to be able to do this if we are to be sure we are not cloning the
same genes over and over again.

Is there any kind of program like this available through the internet
that I can fetch by some kind of file transfer.

Thanks.

G. Lanre Babalola
U of Pa, Philadelphia