X-ray film storing

Emmanuel Skoufos, Ph.D. skoufos at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr
Fri Mar 10 12:45:02 EST 1995

Rafael Maldonado <rafael at corona> writes:
>What is the best way to store X-ray film? We usually keep it in the cold
>room (4C), but I read in the box that the optimal temperature range is
>between 10C and 21C. So, is it better store them at room temperature
>(with air conditioning)?. How long can you keep them on the bench?
>Is it really affected by temperature?

We are routinely storing our X-ray films (all types) in a drawer in the
dark room and we are having no problems with the quality of the exposures.
Usually a box of film stays open for about a month or so in these conditions
before all film is consumed.

I hope this is of help
Cheers,
Emmanuel

Emmanuel Skoufos, Ph.D.
Insect Molecular Biology Group
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Box 1527
Heraklion, Crete 71110
Greece