One-step inactivation of RNase in Ambion RPA kit

Bernard Khoo WCI bcek1 at
Sat Mar 11 05:10:10 EST 1995

The unique selling point of the Ambion kit is the one-step inactivation process
at the end of the RNase digestion. I suspect that this may involve treating
the sample with something like guanidine thiocyanate, perhaps something like
the C+S single-step denaturation solution (minus Sarkosyl?).

Can anybody who has used the kit confirm that this is (or is not) true?
If so, it would make my life a little easier...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Bernard Khoo   Wellcome/CRC Institute, Cambridge, UK.
               E-mail: bcek1 at,,
                       or bkhoo at