la pcr complexes

Shahram Mori smori at
Sat Mar 11 22:58:28 EST 1995

aEscher wrote:
: We are amplifying a 6 kb fragment from mouse genomic DNA. No problem, but
: suddenly from one day to the next all we can see is a high MW complex
: stuck in the well. This phenomenon seems to be the result of the amplifi-
: cation reaction. Does anyone know what's happening?
: Thanks,
: Alan Escher.

Is it possible that prior to loading, the DNA wasn't heated up?
Especially with large DNA's the folding of DNA on itself my prevent it
from entering the gel. I usually place my DNA at 65C (10min) and quicly chill
on ice prior to loading.
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_
NMSU  Las Cruces NM				    ||