T7 RACE?

Mark Fry wmfry at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Tue Mar 7 22:15:55 EST 1995

	Does anybody know of a protocol called T7 RACE to amplify 5' ends of
cDNA? I think I read something about it on this group last summer.The
procedure involves PCR with a non-specific amplimer that has a random
10-mer at the 3'end of a T7 primer.
 	 I know you do one round of PCR with this amplimer
and a gene specific primer, then dilute the product down and reamplify
with a nested primer and T7.  Supposedly the non-specific first round of
PCR enriches for the 5' end of interest.
I would like to know if anybody has used this method, and if it worked.

thanks in advance, Mark.

P.S.   I think somebody named Doug talked about it.