IN SITU RT-PCR

Agnieszka Szczepek aszczepe at gpu3.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Mar 14 18:13:14 EST 1995

I have just started to set-up my very first IN-SITU RT-PCR. All the
protocols for that procedure I've seen up to date (including famous book
by Nuovo) call for 15hours fixation in 4% paraformaldehyde. I work with
lymphocytes (cytospines).

	1. Do you think that this 15 hours fixation should apply to my samples?

	2. What extra steps do people do on top of DNAse and proteinase K?

	3. What to use - proteinase K or maybe other enzyme?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
Agnieszka J. Szczepek
Dept. Experimental Oncology
#2307, CCI, 11560 University Avenue, University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB, T6G 1Z2, Canada
tel.:(403) 492-4722/ 492-5311