TA cloning -Promega

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Mar 14 13:13:45 EST 1995

On 14 Mar 1995, Edward Wang (ez022056 at rocky.ucdavis.edu) wrote:

| I have been using the TA cloning Kit (p-Gem T system) by Promega.
| Talking to others, I found out that the T overhangs on the PCR products
| falls off after a certain amount of time, therefore decreasing the
| cloning efficiency in a TA system.  The best way was to PCR, and then
| immediately clone into vector.  Has anyone else heard anyting like this?

This thread has been going on for some time now, and I reviewed most of the
major points in last month's TIBS M&R column:

@article{Hengen1995Febtibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Cloning {PCR} products using {T}-vectors",
volume = "20",
number = "2",
pages = "85-86",
month = "feb",