Transfection efficiency

Ian A. York york at
Thu Mar 16 17:08:12 EST 1995

In article <3ka6a0$32e at> dobates at (Dave Bates) writes:
>I've been wondering about how people measure their transfection
>efficiency. A lot of messages here, and in papers talk about

I have an easy out - I measure transfection efficiency in transients, in
COS, by surface expression in FACS.  Relatively objective.  It seems to
me that "transfection efficiency" should mean percentage of cells which
express the gene, so you pretty much have to do a cell count.  I agree
with your concern about subjective levels.

Ian York   (york at
Phone (617)-632-4328     Fax  (617)-632-2627