apoptosis detection: problems with test kits

SHO1 sho1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 16 16:36:07 EST 1995

Dirk:

We found that the Apoptag kit did not work out-of-the-box in our hands,
and had to be modified. We subsequently ordered separate reagents from
other suppliers and tweaked the system. By the way, results can be
different depending on cell type (in culture), and whether you're looking
at tissue sections, and the tissue also. For cultured cells, I don't think
you'll do much better than using Hoescht dye, or acridine orange.

If you're interested, I'll send along more details.

-Stuart Horowitz
Stuart Horowitz
CardioPulmonary Research Institute
Email: sho1 at aol.com